Friday, March 20, 2009

Taking Time for Good Examples

Here's a link to a great post from Barbara over at Mommy Life. I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with housework and trying to organize my Montessori materials lately. Where's Rosie the Robot when you need her? I swear March has always been a strange month for me! Maybe it's the full moon? ;)

Anyway, Barbara's post is a gentle reminder for me to remember to "practice what I preach" to the children regarding how to do things the "Montessori way". I really do think that setting a good example for my children will help ease a bit of the stress in everyday life. The laundry's still gotta get done and I'm always going to have to cook and clean, but if my children are able to imitate me and be more quiet and graceful while carrying out their activities, our home will be a more peaceful and pleasant place to be. Sometimes it is hard to slow down and take the time to show them how to do the tasks they are capable of completing themselves (and show them how to do them gracefully and properly step by step!), but it will be so rewarding in the end! Not only will it build independence and self confidence, but it will also mean one less thing for me to eventually have to do! It's a win, win situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!