Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blessed...


Today my eldest son, (6 going on 7) fell and cut his leg open. He sliced his leg right on top of another scar he already had. He takes after his mama in that he cuts and bruises so easily.

My heart was absolutely broken as I held his little skin together trying to hold it closed with gauze and band aids. I called my husband and had him take our son to the doctor for stitches. When he came home, as we sat at the table together I said to him, "Pobrecito mijito". Meaning, "My poor little son". At this, my boy looks up at me and says, "Mami, don't feel sorry for me. I'm offering this up. Feel sorry for Jesus and how he suffered for our sins". I was just in awe at his words. Such wise words said with such confidence. My little son. I get choked up thinking of his words to me. How I love him, how I love them all. Each and every little gift God has blessed me with. They are truly His, and I see Him working in them and through them and I blessed because of it.

1 comment:

  1. You must have a little Saint in the making! Beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!