So what's in store for us this March 19th?
- 7:30 AM Traditional Latin High Mass in honor of St. Joseph
- Breakfast Burritos with lot's of chile, just like my hubby loves (We're in the Southwest & it's his fave!)
- Holy Heroes St. Joseph coloring book mentioned by Lacy at Catholic Icing while listening to St. Joseph's Glory Story CD
- Find Italy on the globe and in the Atlas
- Read about the traditions of the feast of St. Joseph: Viva St. Joseph!
- Italian-American Dinner extravaganza including a Creamy Tomato-Basil Pasta w/ Chicken
- Interview Papi with questions about his vocation in life, lessons he's learned, what he was like as a child and more (Interview ideas can be found by scrolling down to the middle of the page at Domestic Church)
- Lot's of Dean Martin & lot's of dancing! Mambo Italiano, That's Amore, and some fun, fun, fun Funiculi Funicula
- Catholic Culture: Liturgical Year: St. Joseph
- Wikipedia: St. Joseph's Day
- Catholic Cuisine: Month dedicated to St. Joseph (scroll down to March 19)
- Prayer:: "O Joseph, foster Father of Jesus, most pure spouse of the Virgin Mary, pray for us daily to the Son of God, so that, armed with the might of His grace and loyally fighting the good fight here on earth, we may be crowned by Him at the hour of our death". Amen
- And just for fun, because my daddy loved dancing the mambo, my kids love this video version of Mambo Italiano!
This post dedicated to my daddy, Jose Garcia. I love you and miss you daddy. On this, your patron Saint's day, I pray that you are in the company of God and that I may see you smiling some day again.